Application Engineer Philadelphia, PA Posted: 6/24/2022
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking an Application Engineer on behalf of our client, a provider of leading engineered technologies to the energy, environmental, and industrial segments
- Design, select and configure pumps and pumping and fluid handling systems.
- Support the applications engineering department with rotating equipment sizing, pricing, and quoting. This involves working closely with both customers directly and outside salespeople.
- Field incoming calls, and emails from customers to discuss equipment applications.
- Make equipment recommendations and prepare quotations.
- Coordinate project bids, encompassing the review of all specifications and bid documents, the design and selection of equipment, the preparation of a bid or quotation.
- Assist with the follow-up of quotations. Communicate with outside sales to determine the best course of action.
- Process orders for new equipment into our business operating system.
- As a pump expert, provide technical support to outside sales, service shop, customer service / aftermarket parts group and customers.
- Project manage orders. Maintain organization of order and project files, monitor status of in-house orders & assist with project related questions.
- Generate Bill of Materials, and Work Orders, and work closely with shop personnel during assembly.
- Occasionally travel with outside sales personnel to visit with customers to discuss potential grass-roots project, as well as replacement of existing equipment.
- Participate in applicable equipment training sessions.
- Other job duties as required.
- Engineering Degree (Mechanical or Chemical preferred), others with technical or science degrees and or relevant experience also considered.
- Knowledge of centrifugal pumps, as well as, mixers, heat exchangers, compressor, valves, piping, and fabricated pumping systems
- 3+ years applicable pump, fluid handling or other rotating equipment experience.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.