Environmental Health & Safety Manager Weirton, WV Posted: 6/28/2022
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking an Environmental Health & Safety Manager on behalf of our client, a manufacturer in West Virginia.
The Environmental Health & Safety Manager is accountable for developing, organizing, administering and maintaining the health, environment and safety program, whose purpose is to minimize the number and reduce the severity of in-plant accidents and injuries while maintaining the well-being of its employees, as well as the community. The program must comply with all federal, state and corporate policies and procedures. This position also identifies analytical sources of environmental risk and monitoring to determine the effects. Collects air, water, vapors, gases and dust samples or potentially toxic materials for analysis. Conducts evaluations and surveys to determine the exposure levels encountered. Prepares reports including education meetings related to health, safety, or environmental concerns. Analyzes data and assesses pollution problems. Prepares graphs and charts using working knowledge of statistics.
- Initiates and develops policies and procedures that address all key safety issues and concerns.
- Conducts incident investigations regarding injuries and tracks injury rates and trends.
- Follow up on corrective actions of potential safety problems by reviewing formal reports from supervisory and management personnel and assisting in the corrective action process when necessary.
- Audits work practices and equipment to ensure that safety-related policies and procedures are being followed by employees and enforced by management.
- Leads the company's safety committee and relates information to management for implementation.
- Ensures a proactive approach to accident prevention by training and advising management on all safety issues.
- Communicates safety-related issues through safety bulletins, memos, and meetings.
- Maintains expertise on current safety and environmental issues through attendance at relevant seminars and meetings.
- CPR and First Aid certified to provide necessary treatment for first-aid injuries.
- Conducts test and investigations to obtain data for use in determining sources and methods of controlling pollutants in air and water, using knowledge of chemistry and engineering principles and applied technologies.
- Collects environmentally related samples as needed for analysis.
- Investigates adequacy of conditions that may affect employee health, comfort or efficiency.
- Prepares reports including observations, analyses of contaminants and recommendations
- Participates in educational meetings to instruct employees in matters pertaining to occupational health and prevention of accidents.
- Assembles preliminary data including safety information, makes appropriate calculations, prepares a written draft of procedures and discusses with supervisor
- Makes notes and reports on special safety and environmental situations
- Reviews and conducts hazards assessments of processes and job classifications prior to initial run to ensure that all personnel have adequate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Inspects personnel to assure proper wearing of PPE.
- Conducts annual training sessions for PPE to include respirator protections and hearing conservations programs.
- Maintains Safety Data Sheet (SDS) program.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
- Actively participates in Company ISO audits and documentation.
- Completes all ISO 9001: 2015 and AS9100D quality training and follows related procedures.
- Follows all prescribed plant and safety rules and regulations
The EHS Manager is accountable for controlling the safety and loss-control program to minimize the number and severity of in-plant accidents and injuries. This position is the focal point to ensure safety measures that are identified, corrected, and followed-up through any one or more of the following avenues:
- Direct observation and report by OSHA
- Direct observation and internal report to management, and
- Direct observation and informal report to the EHS Manager by another individual or group.
- Must have at least a Bachelor's Degree in Safety and/or Environmental Studies.
- CPR and First Aid certified
- Familiar with plant safety manual, processes, and equipment
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.