Application Sales Engineer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 7/7/2022
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking an Applications Sales Engineer on behalf of our client, a robotics manufacturer with offices in the Pittsburgh area.
Expectations of this Role:
- Provide automation solutions for new and existing customers
- Develop and deliver, to the Regional Sales Managers, detailed technical concepts based on customer requirements, detailed automation costing, molding cell layouts, and the overall quotation documents.
- Conduct meetings as necessary with Engineering Department, Customers, Regional Sales Managers, and other departments as necessary regarding quoted or sold projects.
- Travel overnight as required to visit customers on site and support of regional sales managers.
- Transition projects to engineering following the sale of a quoted opportunity.
- Obtain /Develop product knowledge of our entire robot product line.
- Develop tracking report of all outstanding, won and lost proposals. Generate report to review with regional sales team on a periodic basis.
- Work to develop the technical information of our strengths in individual components of our systems to share with sales.
Education & Experience:
- A bachelor's degree or significant industry experience in engineering, computer science, information technology, or similar.
- Extensive experience in application engineering in a sales environment
- Proficiency in providing clients with technical product and service support
- Ability to liaise with management and the sales department on application development
- Proficiency in training sales staff on product specifications and application functionalities
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and oral with co-workers, vendors, customers, etc.
- Ability to work independently; to drive and execute projects and programs with minimal supervision
- Possess a continuous improvement mindset
- Attentive to details
- Team Player with ability to build effective relationships
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Critical thinking skills
- High degree of organization, ability to multi-task and follow processes
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.