CNC Machinist Youngstown, OH Posted: 7/11/2022
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a CNC Machinist for our client, a local manufacturing organization. This position is for second shift, starting between 4:00 and 6:00 PM.
The CNC Machinist works with computer numeric controlled (CNC) heavy machinery from set up to operation to produce parts and tools from metal or other materials. The CNC Machinist operates CNC Horizontal and Vertical Mills and Machining Centers utilizing medium to heavy steel plate in a fabrication/job shop environment. The CNC Machinist is to process methods in accordance with specifications and quality standards.
Major Areas of Responsibilities:
- Interpret packet of router, engineering drawings, blue prints, and other work instructions
- Program review, including debugging and problem solving
- Load feed mechanism by using an overhead crane to lift materials into position
- Perform typical machine shop operations
- Mill, turn, drill, tap, de-bur, saw, and sand fabrications
- Verify settings by measures, marks, and scribe dimensions and reference points on first-run part
- Clean and perform inspections of the first-run part, machines, and tooling
- Select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines as necessary to machine parts as required
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed and depth, and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control according to guidelines
- Troubleshoot malfunctions or resolve issues as required
- Perform routine maintenance on machines as required
- Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications
- Maintain a safe, organized and clean work environment.
- Operate multiple machines when practical and necessary
- Perform all other duties, as assigned
- High School diploma or graduation from a certified technical school
- Three (3) - five (5) years prior CNC Machining experience
- Experience machining medium to heavy plate fabrications
- Solid knowledge of reading and interpreting blue prints, performing set-ups and editing programs in G & M code
- Willingness to be cross trained across multiple pieces of equipment
- Adherence to safe work practices
- Must be able to take and pass a vision acuity test
- Manufacturing Skills Standards Council (MSSC) certification
- Work keys
- Experience working in a fabrication/job shop environment
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.