DESIGNERS / DRAFTERS
Electrical Designer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 7/12/2022
DESIGNERS / DRAFTERS
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking an Electrical Designer for our client, a well-known national engineering consultant, to add to their growing Pittsburgh office.
As an Electrical Designer, you will create and establish simple designs consistent with good practices, client requirements and conformance to Codes & Standards. Designers also apply standard drafting techniques to generate and interpret drawings in support of assigned projects and provide guidance and leadership to drafters to ensure that all established Company and client design standards and practices are followed.
- Design models and drawings to support Discipline Leads.
- Manage and maintain the Project Documentation (e.g., flat files, reference/stick files, CAD drawings).
- Interact with other disciplines and suppliers to obtain pertinent information.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Strong understanding of Electrical design work process. Proficient in computer functions required to perform AutoCAD and/or 3D Design.
- Associate degree in a technical discipline or related experience.
- Three (3) + years of drafting experience.
- Experience in locating Electrical Equipment and devices on General Arrangements
- Experience in laying out Switchgear and MCC, Cable Tray and Conduit systems.
- Experience in implementing design of Control systems.
- Experience in layout out schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Experience in developing Loop and Termination drawings.
- Working knowledge of National Electric Codes, reference documents and guides.
- Knowledge of power distribution (480V - 12kV, lighting, grounding, and heat tracing).
- Demonstrated electrical design experience in energy, chemical or industrial experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and attention to detail abilities.
- Strong multitasking and organizational abilities for efficiency.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.