DESIGNERS / DRAFTERS
Piping Designer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 7/21/2022
DESIGNERS / DRAFTERS
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Piping Designer for our client, a well-known engineering consultant, to add to their growing Pittsburgh office.
- Prepare detailed drawings of parts and assemblies from layouts, designs and working drawings including necessary projections, sectional views and standard specifications.
- Interpret verbal or written direction to initiate a preliminary design.
- Assist with stress analysis, compiling construction specifications, equipment and material procurement, calculations, and estimates.
- Check and verify accuracy of drawings prepared by others.
- Prepare parts lists, procurement lists, bills of material (BOM) and specifications when drawings are complete. Revise lists, drawings and BOM consistent with engineering changes.
- Implement revisions and change control per company standards at the direction of senior level designers and engineers.
- Assemble information and reference drawings from a variety of sources.
- Continually look for product improvements and cost reductions.
- Determine and initiate drawings/models based on optimal views relative to communicating construction desires as applicable.
- Assist with performing field surveys, documenting existing conditions, and/or recommending various design solutions.
- Check field red-lined drawings and generate accurate as-built drawings as needed.
- Review and assist in preparation of Operation & Maintenance (O&M) manuals.
- Design components or portions of systems, and modify existing designs to develop or improve them.
- Utilize 2D or 3D computer aided design software to create layouts of Piping systems, devices and components, and create fabrication and assembly drawings.
- Create technical specifications to facilitate the procurement, fabrication, and installation of components.
- Create documentation required to process Engineering Change Orders (ECO).
- Identify dimensions, angles, curvatures, tolerances and materials necessary for optimal construction.
- Analyze the effect of proposed changes for proper fit and/or interference problems and recommend possible solutions or alternate construction options.
- Produce drawings and deliverables utilizing company standards within project-approved schedule and budget.
- Maintain proper file management in accordance with company and industry standards.
- Interact and communicate effectively with clients, subcontractors, vendors and other consultants.
- Perform field data gathering when required to complete project deliverables within approved project scope and schedule.
- Track and maintain a continued awareness of overall schedule and budget for assigned projects.
- Comply with all company and client health, safety, security and environmental (HSSE) standards as well as federal and local HSSE regulations.
- Actively participate in company and client hazard identification and observation programs, and immediately report any unsafe acts, conditions or incidents to your supervisor.
Experience & Skills:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associate Degree from a technical institution preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) + years of experience preferred.
- AutoCAD software experience required.
- CADWorx and PDMS software experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office software experience preferred.
- Field experience required.
- Experience in offshore oil & gas, onshore gas processing, hydrocarbon storage and transportation, chemical manufacturing or refining industry required.
- Small project lead experience required.
- Medium/Large project lead experience preferred.
- Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work related problems.
- Ability to read and understand drawing markups to determine drafting requirements.
- Ability to utilize conventional drafting tools and CAD software to execute drafting requirements.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.