Test Engineer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 7/21/2022
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Test Engineer on behalf of our client, a manufacturer with facilities in the Pittsburgh area. The Test Engineer will provide test engineering design and technical service. This individual will work autonomously and as a member of product teams leading the testing efforts of medium voltage motors and generators.
- Performs all functions of test consulting, conceptual design, and cost estimation.
- Development of test plans, specifications and procedures to support design requirements
- Lead the design, implementation, and operation of test facilities
- Train and provide technical direction to operations personnel in execution of test programs
- Review and analyze test results
- Prepare reports and proposals
- Provide technical support for all aspects of the division's test facilities and programs
- Work on cross-functional teams to identify and resolve issues within the division
- Participate as a project team member (development or production order)
- Understand the customer's requirements for testing the product
- Interface effectively with internal customers (project team personnel)
Education & Experience:
- Minimum education is a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Working knowledge of instrumentation related to vibration, electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic measurements related to product testing
- Experience in a team environment including coordinating the work of others
- Strong leadership skills including management of project cost, schedule and quality
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance
- Ten (10) years of experience involved with design, testing, or operation of rotating electrical equipment and/or medium voltage drives.
- Ability to read and understand drawings and single line diagrams
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Professionalism and commitment to quality, customer service, and continuous improvement
- Ability to tolerate change and drive change
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.