Civil Engineering Manager Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 8/5/2022
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Civil Engineering Manager for our client, a local, privately held company providing environmental consulting, engineering, and technical services in the Pittsburgh, PA tri-state region.
Summary of Position:
The Civil Engineering Manager will manage, plan, direct, and coordinate activities of the civil engineering group, designated projects to ensure that goals and objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and cost parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate staff. This role also requires the technical skills to understand and interpret environmental regulations, execute, check, and guide the work. The manager will work with senior management to set goals, add services and grow the business.
- Professional civil engineer with relevant civil calculations, AutoCAD, and field experience in civil engineering skills such as, site civil design, stormwater design and management, and permitting
- Permitting includes but not limited to, stormwater, E & S, waterways obstruction and HOP permits. Perform dam inspections
- Lead efforts for sampling, analysis, data collection, calculations, technical report preparation, permitting and inspections
- Desire to support other aspects of the business including air, water, and waste compliance, erosion and sedimentation, SPCC, PPC, DOT, NPDES, Title V, and/or other deliverables as needed
- Prepare and interpret process flow diagrams, general arrangement drawings, pipeline drawings, E&S and other civil design related drawings
- Prepare and review project proposals and develops project plan based on required time frame and procedures for accomplishing project
- Establishes work plan, project schedule and works with other Department Managers regarding assignment of project personnel.
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Develops project team environment that will foster collaboration throughout the organization
- Directs and coordinates activities of personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget
- Continuously reviews project plan with input from status reports by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Develops and maintains change order log with input from project discipline leads and communicates these scope changes to the client. Responsible for the development of change order requests as necessary
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others as required
- Manage third party contracts as required
- Confers with project personnel and Department Managers to provide technical advice and to resolve problems
- Coordinates project activities with activities of prevailing regulatory or other governmental agencies
- Responsible for the training and development of direct reports to achieve career and company goals.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related field from a four-year college or university; and five (5) to ten (10) years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Six (6) to ten (10) years of industrial experience.
- PE License required.
- Versed in civil related regulatory review and applications to solve complex client issues directed toward compliance and liability protection.
- Strong work ethic and good attitude.
- Possesses very good leadership, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent civil engineering experience with a good understanding of civil related environmental regulations.
- The ability to read and interpret regulations as they pertain to the client industry
- Ability to support business development efforts and bring in work.
- Has an excellent working knowledge of general scientific and engineering principles and is proficient in project management concepts and execution
- Strong technical, writing, and verbal communication skills required.
- General computer, word processing, and high-level spreadsheet capabilities are required, along with experience with using Microsoft Office applications (WORD, PowerPoint, EXCEL, and Project).
- Proficient in using the Internet to research information.
- Ability to lead a project team for successful project execution with regards to schedule and budget.
- Ability to successfully pass government security checks.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and credit card with the ability to travel as needed.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.