Structural Engineer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 8/10/2022
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Structural Design Engineer on behalf of our client, a manufacturer based in the Pittsburgh, PA area.
- Interpret customer requirements by reviewing specifications, sales documents, project drawings, etc. Ensure design requirements match proposal and contract documents.
- Perform analysis and design of the structural framework for the company's product line of specialty doors.
- Coordinate all work with the Manager of Engineering to incorporate structural / mechanical and electrical systems into the design.
- Manage and coordinate the work of draftsmen and detailers to produce complete, accurate work in accordance with project schedule.
- Resolve problems in the areas under his or her control that will impact schedule, accuracy and completeness.
- Provide assistance to Sales and Estimating Departments as needed to provide timely response to sales and proposal needs.
- Coordinate with manufacturing to insure proper flow of work through the plant.
- Coordinate with installation operations to maximize efficiency of both equipment and personnel, with emphasis on quality and safety.
- Work with management to achieve maximum efficiency in all areas.
- Manage the design functions to meet the goals of our client.
- Plan, coordinate, schedule and coordinate all design engineering work to meet or exceed the budgeted production
- Control detailing and submittal process in coordination with the Manager of Engineering so that design performance objectives and goals are achieved.
- Work within the budget while maintaining product quality and demand requirements. Recommend necessary changes to meet quality requirements.
- Coordinate with customer, architects, engineers and general contractors.
- Direct engineering personnel to meet the objectives of the department and individual projects.
- Ensure that design and detailing work are performed in an accurate and timely manner and that they support the production requirements of client.
- Ensure that all design work meets the quality standards established by the company and the project specifications.
- Provide support for the sales function
- Prepare bids as necessary
- Communicate with customers, and other related personnel, to make sure that all information is provided to accurately prepare work and bids.
- Provide information communication and leadership to make the engineering team an effective unit.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Manager of Engineering, Vice President or President. On occasion, the design engineer may be required to visit the job site or assist in off company premises design meetings.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in either Civil and/or Structural Engineering
- Licensure as a Registered Professional Engineer (PE).
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in engineering after obtaining their PE license.
- Background in design of dynamic steel structures (akin to bridge cranes or similar structures) with a working knowledge of mechanical & electrical systems employed.
- A background in manufacturing, planning, scheduling and construction in a company with similar products and operational methods is preferred.
- Significant additional experience can substitute for some educational achievement.
- This position requires the ability to orchestrate and coordinate the efforts of diverse designs, in a manufacturing and construction environment within the specified time frames while maintaining the required level of quality in the finished product
- The ability to plan and schedule workloads and the resources required to complete the work
- Analytical abilities to review and refine methods, procedures and work flows
- The ability to implement new ideas.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel. AutoCAD, STAAD and have a working knowledge with ASCE7, AISC Specification, IBC, military design requirements, and other design codes
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.