DESIGNERS / DRAFTERS
CAD Detailer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 8/10/2022
DESIGNERS / DRAFTERS
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a CAD Detailer on behalf of our client, a Pittsburgh, PA area manufacturer. The CAD Detailer is responsible for using Computer Aided Design (CAD) software to produce detailed drawings for steel fabricators, steel erectors, and other clients. As part of the job duties, the right candidate will develop thorough plans that include drawings, blueprints, and other design documents. These documents are then used by fabricators and builders in their construction process.
- Create detailed shop drawings that are used to communicate and gain approvals with clients, vendors, and contractors.
- Design and document materials and fabrication approaches within the conditions of the estimate
- Be familiar with the shop and field abilities and limitations so as to produce work able to be fabricated and installed.
- Understand and utilize the standard practices of the steel industry.
- Tabulate bills of materials and cut lists from fabrication drawings.
- Printing of drawings as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the VP Engineering.
- High school or equivalent required
- A minimum of five (5) years' experience in manufacturing and/or fabrication environment
Skill, Knowledge and Abilities:
- The ability to analyze 2D and 3D drawings and models.
- Also need to be able to work effectively in a collaborative environment with coworkers and external business partners.
- Well versed with the use and execution of Excel a plus.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.