Plastic Injection Molding Set-Up Technician Connellsville, PA Posted: 8/24/2022
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Plastic Injection Molding Set-up Technician for our client, a Western Pennsylvania manufacturer. The Plastics Molding Setup Person will set plastic injection molds of all sizes and complexities in a variety of plastic injection molding machines to be able to efficiently produce quality parts. The setup person will be responsible for maintaining the process during the production run and assisting molding machine operators as needed.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Removes mold and auxiliary equipment from press and returns equipment to proper location. Sets next mold, locates and fastens on press, adjusts by shimming, sets ejection, sets pins, sets and adjusts to prescribed pressures, stroke, and temperatures, changing piping as required. Sample parts visually as well as dimensionally using micrometers, depth gauges, Federal dial indicators, etc.
- Set and adjust machine controls according to specifications or from instructions of supervisor. Use all available setup records as a guide to machine setup in relation to machine cycles, temperature settings, etc.
- Setup and prepare auxiliary equipment such as temperature controllers, conveyors, resin dryers, finishing tools, drill press, tapping head, etc.
- Report to supervisor any setups that cannot be run in accordance with prescribed methods.
- Have machine in operation and producing acceptable parts, checked by inspection, before releasing for production operation.
- Instruct operator on proper operation of machine such as loading and unloading machine, etc.
- Acknowledge and correct molding difficulties. Report to supervisor of all problems and all difficulties with molding process
- Maintain accurate records on job starting and stopping times, production counts, and machine downtime.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area, quantity, quality, and safety standards or procedures.
- Perform additional job duties not outlined but within the scope of the job activities as directed
Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities:
- Five (5) years of plastics injection molding set-up and processing experience
- Experience with robotic load/unload/packing equipment is highly preferred
- Hand-on set-up related experience with plastic injection molding machines, cranes, various hand tools, temperature controllers, drill press, tapping arms, pick and place robots, etc.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- May be required on occasion to lift and carry 25-30 pounds and up to 55 lbs. on rare occasion
- Regularly required to stand, reach, bend, walk, climb, and move about the facility.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.