Senior Civil/Structural Engineer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 8/29/2022
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Civil/Structural Engineer for our client, a premier multi-discipline engineering and management service company.
Position requires thorough knowledge of civil/structural design and engineering. Responsible to plan and conduct independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Devise new approaches to problems, and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and Company standards.
- Perform structural design and analysis calculations using governing codes and standards, engineering formulas, skills, and experience.
- Layout and details portions of projects using schematic layout by project lead engineer. May be assigned responsibility for schematic or conceptual layouts for small projects.
- Prepare engineering sketches to Designers/Drafters.
- Research design options and document findings for project lead engineer.
- Review shop drawings.
- May serve as Project Engineer and as a designated Client contact on smaller, less complex projects.
- Develop probable construction cost estimates for his/her projects within the department.
- May direct and supervise other Designers/Drafters activities.
- Coordinate work with other disciplines such as process, piping, electrical, etc.
- Handle routine contract administration.
- Use AutoCAD and CADWorx Structure to prepare engineering design documents.
- Attend and participate in internal meetings and Client meetings.
- Perform field activities to observe and record existing conditions, take and verify measurements within project area.
- Organize, draft, and coordinate technical specifications and engineering reports.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering, and over ten (10) years of experience with advance knowledge in civil and/or structural engineering through a combination of experience and continuing education
- StaadPro and RISA 3D structural analysis software
- Experience working on multi-discipline projects with Oil & Gas, Steelmaking, Chemicals, and Manufacturing Clients
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Licensed SE, PE or EIT
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening
- Background screening including previous employment, education, criminal history, and driving record verification
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.