Assistant Structural Department Manager Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 9/7/2022
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Structural/Foundation Department Manager for our client, a quality engineering and construction management services provider in the Pittsburgh, PA area. The Structural Department Manager is responsible for overseeing the structural analysis and design of structures and foundations for heavy industrial projects.
The Structural Department Manager will manage the structural designers and drafters to coordinate designs with equipment drawings and other disciplines to develop structural and foundation construction drawings. The Structural Department Manager must be familiar with the current Building and Structural design codes and have experience working on heavy industrial projects. Some travel to attend meetings with clients and document existing conditions within the project area. Interaction with clients, contractors, equipment suppliers and other engineering departments during the design and construction phases of project may be required.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Civil Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Knowledgeable of the latest design codes such as AISC 360, ACI 318, ASCE 7, IBC, AIST Technical Report No. 13
- Minimum of Ten (10) years relevant heavy industrial experience
- Experienced in the use of STAAD.Pro structural analysis/finite element software
- Familiar with AutoCad and drawing presentation
- Ability to interact with clients/owners effectively and professionally
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Prepare construction specifications and contractor scope of work documents
- Experienced in the use of Word and Excel software
- Must be self-motivated and responsible
- Able to work well with others and to work in a team environment
- Able to provide direction to designers and engineers
- Able to work within schedules and budgets for assigned tasks
- Able to manage all aspects of the structural portion of projects
- Able to travel to project sites as needed for meetings and field investigations/inspections
- Able to clearly document site observations and existing field conditions for use by others in the design process
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.