Quality Inspector Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 9/7/2022
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Quality Inspector on behalf of our client, a Pittsburgh area manufacturer. The Quality Inspector assures that product is of acceptable quality standards and meets company requirements
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs receiving, in-process, roving, first article and final inspections.
- Assists in the calibration of measuring equipment as required.
- Investigates customer issues/complaints relating to product quality
- Makes appropriate corrections and provides updates on product quality
- Request compliance letters from vendors
- Request miscellaneous information from our customers
- Request all regulatory documents needed from manufacturers
- Works with production and supply chain managers to resolve all quality complaints
- Provide Departmental Managers Administrative Support as needed
- Work with team leaders in identifying and accomplishing project/system needs
- Communicate and interact globally with Supply Chain, Sales, and Manufacturing organizations and work independently to maintain systems and address internal and external customer needs
- Prepare and maintain various System databases and documentation
- Knowledge of or experience in Lean Manufacturing principles
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Familiar with ISO 9001
- Experience with FAI/FAT, PPAP, SPAP
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication with customers, vendors, and internal departments
- General Blueprint reading including GD&T.
- Ability to use and read Analog and Digital Inspection gages, CMM experience a plus
- Display critical thinking and problem-solving abilities with attention to detail
- Highly proficient at organizing and managing time, information, data and systems
- Work independently to identify and accomplish tasks and projects with management and cross-functional teams
- A background in Quality Control and Machine Shop Min 5 years
- Ability to conduct and attend audits, Perform PPAPS, FMEA analysis, etc..
- Demonstrates strong proficiency in common office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.