Purchasing Agent Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 9/19/2022
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Purchasing Agent on behalf of our client, a Pittsburgh based mechanical contractor. The Purchasing Agent is responsible for pursuing competitive pricing and issuing purchase orders for heating, ventilating, air conditioning and plumbing materials. They also follow up on orders through production until final delivery. This job requires an individual that is a team player, with the ability to function well in a challenging and fast-paced environment while paying attention to detail and communicating clearly.
- Build and maintain vendor relationships.
- Pursue New Vendor information for accounting.
- Request pricing from vendors for facilities, personnel, and projects in compliance with specifications and/or schedule requirements as requested.
- Pursue and analyze vendor quotations and terms.
- Issue purchase orders in compliance with requirements and in a timely fashion.
- Expedite deliveries of orders and any backorders.
- Validate, review and approve invoices for overhead account orders.
- Assist with various facility items as required (i.e., security system, phone system, utilities, etc.).
- Assist with rental requirements as required (vehicles, equipment, etc.).
- Special projects related to purchasing as requested.
- Working knowledge of Windows & Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, & Outlook)
- Demonstrate collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Bachelor's degree or two (2) plus years of purchasing work experience will be considered
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.