Mechanical Engineer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 9/28/2022
Permanent or Contract
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer for our client, a well-known consulting engineering firm in Pittsburgh.
Under direct supervision, this position completes engineering assignments of limited complexity for mechanical disciplines. The candidate would also take the lead in the preparation of specifications, calculations, reports, data tables, and project studies. The engineer would work to specifications, and written and verbal instructions in accordance with established design practice, codes, standards, and procedures
- Initiates engineering calculations in conformance with the project requirements with supervision.
- Prepares equipment specifications and purchase requisitions
- Reviews drawings supplied by vendors, clients and other disciplines
- Conducts field investigation to obtain information to support the project needs
- Maintains proper engineering files and records
- Bachelor of Science or Technology Degree from a four-year accredited college or university
- Minimum five (5) years of mechanical engineering experience
- Ability to read and understand P&IDs
- Ability to read and understand equipment drawings
- Experienced in writing equipment specifications for pumps, air compressors, conveyors, cooling towers, chillers and HVAC equipment.
- Understanding of ASME codes and industry standards
- AutoCAD, Solid Works or Inventor experience beneficial
- MathCAD, Microsoft Excel or Access experience beneficial
- Familiar with piping design and isometric drawings beneficial
- Able to conduct field investigations to verify design conditions
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.