Environmental Permitting Specialist Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 10/6/2022
Permanent or Contract
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking an Environmental Permitting Specialist on behalf of our client, a Pittsburgh area civil engineering consultant. The Environmental Permitting Specialist will support environmental investigation and permitting projects, and will be working alongside and supporting senior level engineering and environmental project managers on multiple projects.
- Wetland and Water Body Delineation to support project planning and permitting efforts.
- Infiltration testing, including identification of soil horizons and soil properties.
- Characterization of aquatic and terrestrial habitats.
- Surveys for listed rare, threatened and endangered species and their habitat.
- Preparation of Wetland Delineation reports, permit applications (nationwide, general permits and joint or individual permits), rare, threatened and endangered species survey reports.
- Data entry, data interpretation, and statistical evaluations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science or other related discipline.
- Two (2) – three (3) years of relevant experience.
- USACE Wetland Delineation training.
- Candidate should be health and safety focused, and able to work successfully in a team setting.
- Ability to travel locally up to 50% of the time.
- Familiarity with Trimble GPS Unit.
- Demonstrated Clean Water Act sections 401/404 permitting through state and federal regulatory agencies and Endangered Species Act consultation experience required.
- Certification by a professional society or a state regulatory board in the discipline of practice is desired. These certifications or registrations may include but are not limited to: Professional Geologist, Professional Wetland Scientist, Certified Environmental. Professional or Certified Ecologist.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.