Estimator Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 10/12/2022
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking an Estimator, for our client, a local manufacturer in the Pittsburgh, PA area. The Estimator must have significant experience estimating precision sheet metal and machined parts, and be able to work proactively with other estimating team members, customers and manufacturing personnel.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to review and understand blue prints, work orders, tooling, or other written specifications. Meet expected work quotas
- Review and analyze drawings, prints, specifications, contracts, RFQs and other documents for estimate-related activities
- Obtain material and subcontractor quotes
- Able to plan, prioritize, organize and monitor all aspects of quoting activity
- Develop and review subcontractor scopes of work and accept, review, and analyze. subcontractor quotes for best value
- Prepare and submit quote forms and documents to order entry for issuance of travelers to the factory floor.
- Work with sales and customers on design for manufacturability
- Assist and review drawings with the manufacturing team and highlight areas of concern
- Be responsible to maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Must have a daily safety conscious work effort. Notify management of any work-related injuries, safety concerns and(or) near miss incident(s)
- Participate in all continuous improvement programs by offering suggestions and exhibiting initiative in areas within direct control
- Must have a willingness and flexibility to adapt to changing business need, schedules and deadline and perform other essential duties as assigned in support of operational success
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite products, and experience with cost estimating and pricing systems
- Experience with Jobboss ERP is desirable
- Knowledge of precision sheet metal fabrication and machining is highly desirable
- Strong ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with proficiency in English
- Independent thinking and sound judgment, accompanied by proven problem solving/analysis skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with other employees and all levels of management
- Excellent time management with strong organizational skills and attention to detail and ability to prioritize work
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions
- Ability to successfully pass a post-offer background check, physical and drug screen
Education & Work Experience:
- Minimum High School diploma or GED required with at least two (2) years proven experience in sheet metal and/or machined parts estimating.
- The ideal candidate will possess an Associate's Degree or is a certified Journeyperson in a related field of study.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.