Environmental Coordinator/Sr Environmental Coordinator Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 10/18/2022
Contract Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking an Environmental Coordinator/Sr Environmental Coordinator on behalf of our client. This will be a fully remote position with some travel required. This role will be responsible for obtaining relevant environmental permits and clearances for a pipeline project in multiple states. Additionally, the position will ensure compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws/regulations and commitments. This is an opportunity for a regionally based (PA, WV, VA) Environmental Coordinator/Senior Environmental Coordinator.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Compile, track and manage FERC weekly reports and requests for project changes.
- Manage including update, track completion and addition of items
- Manage variance requests including but not limited to preparing drafts, attending variance meetings, coordinating field work via the consultants, coordinate deliverable from different disciplines for submittal, address regulatory/3P comments, track progress through completion.
- Review and obtain floodplain permitting, hydrostatic test permitting, Non-Reporting Nationwide Permits, WVNPDES modifications time of year restrictions.
- Support the team as it pertains to obtaining & maintaining environmental permits and approvals, implement compliance with permit conditions, regulations, and company environmental practices and processes associated with the design, construction and reclamation of natural gas pipelines and compressor locations
- Support negotiations and communications with Federal, State and local agencies including FERC, USACE, USEPA, USFWS, state environmental protection and resource agencies, state historic preservation offices, etc.
Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, or a related discipline. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Up to five (5) years of experience which demonstrates a thorough understanding of environmental regulations, site inspections, and issues pertaining to construction of Oil and Gas projects. Our Sr Environmental Coordinators have at least eight (8) years of experience.
- Project management skills, excellent written and spoken communication skills, capable of training others
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to analyze data where the objective is to identify problems and issues
- Ability to analyze data where the objective is to supply information to others who will use it to develop recommendations and alternatives
- Demonstrated knowledge of the construction and/or operation of Midstream projects
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.