Project Manager Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 11/2/2022
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Project Manager on behalf of our client, a Pittsburgh area Mechanical Contractor.
The Project Manager will plan, organize, direct and control the preparation and execution of construction contracts to meet company objectives of cost control, quality work and safety while maintaining/improving relationships with clients. Specific responsibilities have been coordinated with other job descriptions to ensure proper activity interfacing. Because of varying workloads in the construction industry, it is every supervisor's responsibility to 'wear whatever hat necessary' to fulfill a need not identified in this job description. The goal is to satisfy our contractual obligations to our clients and ensure the overall performance of our company.
- Become familiar with contract documents. Review general requirements for milestone dates of document processing and task deadlines.
- Obtain necessary quantity of contact documents to satisfy project requirements.
- Prioritize initial action items and establish project responsibilities to meet project requirements.
- Review contract language and negotiate acceptable language.
- Review estimates as originally bid and participate in Turnover meetings
- Ensure complete distribution of the scope of work to the project team.
- Assist in the cost code set-up and educate job supervisor of the same
- Ensure that the necessary permits are filed
- Assure Corporate Vision and Values statements are understood and promoted. Understand and implement company philosophy.
- Ensure that any company safety concerns and policies are fully enforced at all times on the projects.
- Provide input on the selection of the Project Foreman.
- Responsible for the overall scheduling of the project including the required timetables for the work performed by subcontractors
- Direct the coordination of activities of planning, project supervision and subcontractors
- Provide technical assistance as required
- Manage Change Orders (Have a complete knowledge of the contract documents in order to recognize changes and/or claims. Coordinate and process change orders within contract requirements with client, suppliers, including subcontractors and project team members.)
- Distribute and record all project information, including bulletins, addenda, change notices, etc. to all project team members, including subcontractors, for evaluation.
- Responsible for project billings and collections to maintain positive cash flow
- Responsible for all equipment, subcontractor purchasing, and administration. This includes the submittal process.
- Monitor the release and scheduling of equipment to the jobsite.
- Direct and monitor the requisition of rough materials, specialties and miscellaneous items.
- Maintain up to date project progress information and oversee control of project cost and reporting to ensure the profitability of the project.
- Review and approve project invoices (Under $300 are auto- approved by accounting)
- Visit project sites as required throughout life of the project to promote internal and external client relations, to monitor job progress, to ensure project quality, and to provide assistance.
- Proactive approach for project security
- Promote equal opportunities and utilization of disadvantaged businesses.
- Participate in operations meetings. Coordinate and conduct 'kick-off' and 'Closeout' meetings. Conduct meetings with project supervision to coordinate the activities to be accomplished throughout project on an as needed basis.
- Ensure all company start-up policies for equipment are administered
- Responsible for compliance with all substantial completion and project closeout requirements.
- Leadership abilities
- Ability to perform work in various types of software
- Ability to work with variety of departments and staff
- Ability to communicate professionally to all levels
- Strong attention to detail
- Computer Skills
- Relevant field work experience, preferred.
- Five (5) year minimum Construction Project Management experience
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.