Automation Engineer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 11/4/2022
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking an Automation Engineer for our client, a leading partner in the world of metals.
The Automation Engineer will develop and execute engineering solutions for modernizations and new installations of Level 1 control systems for Electric Arc Furnaces, Vacuum Tank Degassers, Casters, Rolling Mill, Metallurgy and Process Line equipment.
- Design and implementation of Level 1 control systems based on project requirements, company standards and similar reference projects
- Interface and communicate with individuals and units within or outside of the engineering department as well as with customers and suppliers, with responsibility for providing engineering solutions on technical and project-related matters.
- Perform Level 1 control system programming based on the function descriptions for the equipment related to the project
- Participation in integration testing of the control system before shipment to the job site
- On Site Commissioning and training of the Level 1 control system
- Service of existing systems as required
- Supervision received is mostly administrative, with assignments given in terms of broad general objectives and limits
- Approximate breakdown of duties: Development 55%, Testing 20%, Commissioning 15%, Support 5%, Training/Learning 5%
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electro-Mechanical Technology
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controllers
- Experience with Siemens TIA Portal or Rockwell RSloigx5000
- Experience with industrial control systems and motion control
- Knowledge of the control of hydraulic systems a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent computer skills
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.