Electrical Engineer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 11/16/2022
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer for our client, an engineering and environmental consulting firm in the Pittsburgh, PA area.
Our Electrical Engineer role provides you the opportunity to design the latest state-of-the-art facilities in a wide variety of markets such as industrial, manufacturing, oil & gas, real estate, solid waste, power, and public sector. We are seeking self-motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion to apply professional experience and knowledge in a team environment. You should be a detail-oriented professional, understand the importance of meeting personal and team commitments, and be flexible in adapting to a fast-paced environment.
- Possess an understanding of the National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Work under the supervision of a senior engineer to:
- Develop electrical equipment layout, single line, interconnecting wiring, embedded conduit, cable tray, heat trace, lighting, and grounding drawings
- Generate electrical equipment and construction specifications
- Develop power studies including short circuit analysis and incident energy calculations using ETAP or SKM software.
- Provide quality oversight for electrical designs performed by others
- Be the main point of contact for the electrical discipline when meeting with the project manager, other discipline leads, and the customer
- Train and mentor less experienced engineers and designers
- Coordinate details and miscellaneous design criteria with other disciplines
- Generate electrical engineering hour estimates to complete ongoing work and for new proposals
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline is required.
- Five (5) + years of experience in electrical engineering with relevant experience on industrial or manufacturing type projects.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of industry codes and standards (NFPA/NEC, IEEE, ANSI, NEMA, API and ASI)
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of electrical distribution systems at low and medium voltages
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in using Microsoft Suite including MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to perform field/site visits
- Ability to travel (estimated travel time is 10%)
- Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks and Bluebeam experience is a plus
- P.E. Registration or E.I.T. preferred
- Experience in leading a team of engineers and designers
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.