DESIGNERS / DRAFTERS
Structural Designer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 11/16/2022
DESIGNERS / DRAFTERS
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Structural Designer for our client, an engineering and environmental consulting firm in the Pittsburgh, PA area.
Our Structural Designer role provides you the opportunity to design the latest state-of-the-art facilities in a wide variety of markets such as industrial, manufacturing, oil & gas, real estate, solid waste, power, and public sector. We are seeking self-motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion to apply your professional experience and knowledge in a team environment. You should be a detail-oriented professional, understand the importance of meeting personal and team commitments, and be flexible in adapting to a fast-paced environment.
- Coordinate with structural engineer to design buildings, building foundations, equipment foundations, masonry structures, and miscellaneous concrete and steel structures
- Evaluate and resolve problems by reviewing multiple sources of information and coordinating design criteria with other disciplines
- Develop structural material take-offs
- Provide quality oversight for structural designs performed by others
- When required, be the main point of contact for the structural discipline when meeting with the project manager, other discipline leads, and the client
- Train and mentor less experienced designers
- Generate structural hour estimates to complete ongoing work and for new proposals
- Technical Associate degree or high school diploma with related experience.
- Four (4) + years' experience working on heavy industrial/steel-making structural projects
- Demonstrated proficiency (minimum of one (1) year experience) working with Revit and AutoCAD
- Ability to work in a team environment with engineers and senior designers
- Proficient in using Microsoft Suite including MS Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform field/site visits
- Ability to travel (estimated travel time is 10%)
- Working knowledge of Navisworks and Bluebeam
- Possess an understanding of structural engineering codes and standards
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.