Lead Surveyor Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 12/7/2022
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Lead Surveyor for our client, a local land surveying and consulting engineering firm, for their Pittsburgh area office. The Surveyor must possess the leadership skills necessary to manage the surveying department and its client base.
This position includes leading projects as a Project Surveyor / Project Manager, survey crew oversight, occasional field surveying and related management and project management duties. This position supervises and/or leads field of office survey staff, performs field quality control, performs office reductions & survey computations; prepares TINs and surfaces, and final mapping in an AutoCAD Civil 3D. Conducts survey research, performs computations, CADD drafting of topographic maps and plats, develops written descriptions of land for deeds, leases, and other legal documents in accordance with local, state, federal and project requirements.
- Manage survey operations.
- Writing proposals and negotiating with government agencies is required.
- Expected to be the signing Professional Land Surveyor for final mapping and surveying deliverables. Expectation to be the Surveyor of Record.
- Client management, proposal preparation, proactive staff utilization and progress reporting.
- Staff development and training.
- Boundary determinations, legal descriptions, geodetic and plane survey calculations, and quality review of geospatial deliverables.
- QA/QC for all field and office survey work.
- Coordinate work requests, budgets, schedules and completion dates
- General administrative tasks and processes.
- Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) registration required, CFedS certification a plus.
- Five (5) + years Management experience. Experience managing survey staff a must. We are looking for a Leader.
- Possess substantial knowledge of supervision, including mentoring, relationships building, monitoring and documenting performance, disciplinary processes, and motivating staff.
- Substantial knowledge in all areas of surveying, including boundary, topography, route surveying, ALTA/NSPS land Title Surveys, Scanning, GPS, Right of Way surveying and descriptions both field and office work.
- Experience performing survey related research.
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D a with demonstrated survey drafting skills required and processing the survey data in Trimble Business Center, TBC.
- Experience with modern survey equipment including GPS, total station/robot and laser scanning instruments a plus. Experience with Trimble equipment a plus.
- Experience with 3D Scanning/Modeling, UAV Mapping and Hydrographic surveying experience a plus.
- Ability to read and understand survey drawings, plans & specifications.
- Knowledge of principles of monumentation, staking and marking.
- Experience with local survey standards and manuals of practice.
- Must be proficient with MS Word and Excel
- Must possess good interpersonal skills, and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Must be productive and positive working in both the field and office environments.
- Attendance, punctuality and reliability are essential requirements.
- Valid Driver's License required; must meet company insurability requirements.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.