DESIGNERS / DRAFTERS
Electrical Designer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 1/18/2023
DESIGNERS / DRAFTERS
Permanent or Contract
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking an Electrical Designer for our client, a premier multi-discipline engineering and management service company.
Our client's electrical engineering group is seeking a mid-level electrical designer with experience with power distribution design for heavy industrial, manufacturing, oil & gas, metals, power, and public sector projects. The electrical designer should be a self-motivated individual with strong communication skills and a passion to apply their professional experience and knowledge in a team environment. Candidates should be a detail-oriented professional, understand the importance of meeting personal and team commitments, and be flexible in adapting to a fast-paced environment.
- Coordinate with electrical engineer to develop single line diagrams, electrical equipment layouts, raceway routing drawings, interconnection diagrams, conduit and cable schedules, lighting and grounding drawings
- Evaluate and resolve problems by reviewing multiple sources of information and coordinating design criteria with other disciplines
- Develop conduit and cable schedules and material take-offs
- Provide quality oversight for electrical designs performed by others
- When required, be the main point of contact for the electrical discipline when meeting with the project manager, other discipline leads, and the customer
- Train and mentor less experienced designers
- Five (5) + years of experience working on industrial and manufacturing type projects
- Demonstrated proficiency with AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical and CADWorx, including development of 3D raceway routings
- Ability to work with engineers and senior designers to design electrical distribution systems at low and medium voltages
- Proficient using Microsoft Suite including MS Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform field/site visits
- Ability to travel (estimated travel time is 10%)
- Working knowledge of Navisworks and Bluebeam
- Four (4) + years of experience working with CADWorx
- Possess an understanding of the National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Experience working with electrical design software
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.