Scientist/Engineering Project Manager Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 1/18/2023
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Scientist/Engineering Project Manager for our client, a local, privately held company providing environmental consulting, engineering, and technical services in the Pittsburgh, PA tri-state region.
The Scientist/Engineering Project Manager plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated projects to ensure that goals and objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and cost parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate staff. This role also requires the technical skills to understand and interpret environmental regulations, execute, check, and guide the work.
- Environmental engineering field experience with sampling, analysis, data collection, technical report preparation, permitting, inspecting, and/or environmental auditing.
- Skills and experience in some or all the following: air, water, and waste compliance, erosion and sedimentation, SPCC, PPC, DOT, NPDES, Title V, wastewater design and/or other deliverables.
- Prepare and interpret process flow diagrams, general arrangement drawings, pipeline drawings, E&S and other civil design related drawings.
- Prepare and reviews project proposals and develop project plans based on required time frame and procedures for accomplishing project.
- Establish work plans, project schedules and work with other Department Managers regarding assignment of project personnel.
- Confer with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Develop project team environment that will foster collaboration throughout the organization.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Continuously review project plan with input from status reports by project personnel and modify schedules or plans as required.
- Develop and maintain change order log with input from project discipline leads and communicates these scope changes to the client. Responsible for the development of change order requests as necessary.
- Prepare project reports for management, client, or others as required.
- Manage third party contracts as required.
- Confer with project personnel and Department Managers to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Coordinate project activities with activities of prevailing regulatory or other governmental agencies.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in environmental engineering or related field from a four-year college or university and five to ten years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five or more years of industrial experience.
- PE license required.
- Versed in regulatory review and applications to solve complex client issues directed toward compliance and liability protection.
- Strong work ethic and good attitude.
- Very good leadership, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent science or engineering experience with a good understanding of air, water, waste and/or other environmental regulations.
- The ability to read and interpret regulations as they pertain to the client industry.
- Ability to support business development efforts and bring in work.
- Excellent working knowledge of general scientific and engineering principles and proficient in project management concepts and execution.
- Strong technical, writing, and verbal communication skills.
- General computer, word processing, and high-level spreadsheet capabilities, using Microsoft Office applications (WORD, PowerPoint, EXCEL, and Project).
- Ability to lead a project team for successful project execution with regards to schedule and budget.
- Ability to successfully pass government security checks, background checks and drug screening.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and credit card with the ability to travel as needed.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.