Business Unit Manager Weirton, WV Posted: 1/30/2023
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Business Unit Manager on behalf of our client, a manufacturer based in the West Virginia area. The Business Unit Manager position provides leadership, direction, and management for our client's Business Unit, which consists of high reliability timing and monitoring equipment used in industrial automation, control, and motor protection markets.
The core function of this position is to create a growth strategy and drive execution through cross functional teams consisting of sales, engineering, customer service, marketing, operations, and supply chain. In this role, you are responsible for bookings, profit and loss accountability, contract negotiations, product management, developing and maintaining customer relationships, and overseeing activities to ensure business unit objectives are met. The Business Unit Manager reports to the President and is a key development position for promotion to senior management positions.
- Create Business Unit growth strategy from a combination of market research, customer feedback, and competitive knowledge.
- Profitably grow the Business Unit by concentrating on new product developments, new applications, new markets, portfolio management, and value creation.
- Provide strong commercial and product management leadership, develops positive relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Works with current and potential customers to promote and leverage company technologies, systems, products, and services.
- Maintain application and product related technical knowledge by working with sales and strategic customers, reviewing competitive product literature/specs, and industry publications.
- Leads the negotiation, creation, and renewal of customer contracts.
- Accountable for the pricing strategy and profitability of the products and Business Unit as a whole.
- Maintains familiarity with competitive environment within regional and global areas of responsibility
- Work collaboratively with the cross-functional Business Unit team members to deliver solutions and results.
- Promotes Business Unit brand awareness within industry, manufacturing, trade associations, and professional societies.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or business discipline.
- MBA preferred
- Minimum five (5) years of related experience in industrial markets and/or customers.
- Knowledge of industrial control ecosystems, products, and applications
- Experience in complex technical sales situations.
- Progressive, strategic, and visionary in approach to responsibilities
- Ability to develop and implement successful financial goals, marketing and business plans
- Ability to identify long-term market needs, translates needs into growth strategies
- Interpersonal skills - experience dealing effectively with people in various roles
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Strong presentation skills and experience selling to senior management/C-Suite
- Strong work ethic with a track record of exceeding financial targets
- Ability to travel 10% - 15% or as business requires
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.