Field Technician Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 3/8/2023
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Field Technician on behalf of our client, science and engineering consulting firm with offices in the Pittsburgh area.
The Field Technician will collaborate with a team of multi-disciplined engineers and scientist, project managers, and other staff to provide a wide range of field-based observation and testing services during the design, study, implementation, and/or construction phases of projects primarily related to the natural gas and solid waste industries. The Field Technician should have the desire and ability to travel and support a wide range of projects throughout Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Ohio, and the mid-Atlantic area.
- Perform construction quality assurance / construction quality control.
- Perform infiltration testing, density, and observation of soil placement.
- Perform field testing of concrete, soil/aggregate/bituminous paving materials.
- Monitoring subsurface investigations including exploratory borings, geo-probing, and environmental sampling.
- Monitor foundation/geotechnical and related construction activities.
- Perform erosion and sediment control inspections.
- Prepare daily field reports and test summaries documenting the work being performed in a timely fashion.
- Effectively communicate with key stake holders including project managers, project engineers, contractors and others depending on the project and job tasks.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, 2 years vocational, or college degree preferred.
- Experience using a nuclear gauge testing device; Certification preferred.
- Team orientated with the ability to perform independent hands-on fieldwork.
- A self-starter possessing strong verbal and written communication skills, basic computer skills, strong work ethic, and organizational skills.
- Requires travel to job sites including out of the local area overnight stays.
- Ability to lift 30-50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Desire to work outside in all climates and conditions.
- Ability to walk and stand continuously throughout the day, often on uneven surfaces with frequent bending and stooping.
- Valid Driver's license in good standing required.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.