Electrical Engineer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 3/29/2023
Contract to Hire
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer for our client, a well-known consulting engineering firm in the Pittsburgh area.
Based on project requirements completes engineering and design for Electrical distribution systems up to and including medium voltage. Works with client and others in the preparation of the project deliverables. Interfaces directly with client through written and verbal communication. Prepares Electrical load calculations, prepares equipment and installation specifications, sizes and selects equipment and checks work of others.
- Determines project requirements related to the Electrical systems.
- Performs engineering calculations in conformance with the project requirements.
- Prepares equipment specifications.
- Provides oversight and checks work of designers.
- Prepares work packages for electrical contractors.
- Reviews drawings supplied by vendors, clients and other disciplines.
- Conducts field investigation to obtain information to support the project needs.
- Maintains proper engineering project files and records.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from a four-year accredited college or university.
- Minimum five (5) years of direct electrical design engineering experience.
- PE or ELT preferred, but not required.
- Experience and capability in design of low and medium voltage distribution systems, high voltage experience beneficial but not required.
- Experience in load and short circuit studies.
- Understanding of Electrical Codes and Standards.
- Proficient in the use of SKM, etap or Easypower software preferred, but not required.
- AutoCAD experience beneficial
- Able to conduct field investigations to define project scopes
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.