Financial Analyst Morgantown, WV Posted: 4/11/2023
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Financial Analyst on behalf of our client located in the Morgantown, WV area.
This position is responsible for providing budget preparation support, cost tracking, accounting, and reporting functions, and special analyses as required and in accordance with policies and procedures of the Company. Prepares and conducts analysis of complex financial statements, accounting reports and operating costs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain weekly cash forecasting models and supporting data.
- Develop, implement, and maintain tools and processes to gather, interpret, and model large data sets for use in strategic planning, fundamental power price forecast activities, and market trend analysis.
- Research and understand current topics on the commodity, environmental and renewables markets.
- Responsible for preparing, reviewing, and maintaining the data, processing information, associated reports, and analysis of related energy trading activities.
- Support the annual budget preparation and review schedule taking into account other major activities, such as outages, allowing sufficient time for internal preparation and review and meeting the deadline for submittal of the budget. Review forecast information to ensure that revenues and expenses are properly budgeted.
- Support the preparation and review of financial statements and accounting reports for internal and external reporting for accuracy and completeness.
- Conduct special accounting projects to provide detailed financial and accounting recommendations for decision-making and internal and external reporting.
- Support the accounting group in regard to revenue reporting, cost accounting, budgeting, forecasting, valuation analyses and management reporting
- Support the preparation of daily, weekly, and monthly financial and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reports.
- Safeguard and secure all Company data, documents, tapes, information, and assets assigned to or controlled by this position.
- Confidentiality must be willing to maintain complete confidentiality of information seen or in employee's possession related to position responsibilities.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills)
- A finance or business degree is preferred
- Three to seven years' experience analyzing power markets is preferred.
- Proficient in recognized financial / accounting systems and Microsoft Office products including Word, Power Point, and advanced Excel
- Excellent analytical and modeling skills, detail-oriented and able to produce accurate and defensible work products.
- Ability to productively work independently and as an overall integral Longview team member.
- Ability to develop relationships with Plant Management and Corporate entities.
- Must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to handle quickly changing situations under stress and to work extended hours on short notice if and when required.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.