Maintenance Technician Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 5/25/2023
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician on behalf of our client, a manufacturer with facilities in the Pittsburgh, PA area. The Maintenance Technician will work as a crew member to maintain our client's production facility mechanically and electrically.
- Maintain and promote a safe work environment.
- All Preventive Maintenance program work, updating PM computer system, equipment failure response and troubleshooting. Projects intended to improve safety, quality, efficiency, and product offerings. All facility maintenance. Equipment alignment, spares build up, instrument calibration.
- Repair, new equipment installations, electrical, pipefitting, hydraulic, pneumatic, fabrication, welding and mechanical repairs.
- Must be able to apply electrical, electronic and software skills to solve problems. Knowledge of electronic control systems and combustion furnace equipment.
- Ability to work on all components of Hot Dip Galvanizing line.
- Also includes any other duties deemed necessary throughout the plant.
- Previous experience with preventative maintenance, strong communication and teamwork skills, well organized, effective troubleshooting skills, self-directed and motivated, good leadership abilities.
- Competitive score on Maintenance aptitude tests. Maintenance experience in electrical, mechanical and hydraulics. Ability to read prints and drawings. Ability to use hand tools, torches, grinders, micrometers, calipers, and spacer gages. Strong computer skills.
- Demonstrated use of multimeter/oscilloscope to measure AC and DC voltages, currents and resistances.
- Demonstrated understanding of 480V, 3 phase electrical systems
- Demonstrated understanding of principles of Lockout/Tagout/Tryout
- Demonstrated understanding of Electrical Safety practices including identification and ability to deenergize exposed energized conductors and understanding of Arc Flash and Shock protection principles
- Demonstrated understanding of plant control systems including PLCs, HMIs, Drives, Actuators, and Instrumentation.
- Galvanizing and predictive maintenance knowledge a plus.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.