DESIGNERS / DRAFTERS
Electrical Designer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 6/28/2023
DESIGNERS / DRAFTERS
Permanent or Contract
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Electrical Designer for our client, a multi-disciplinary engineering, design, and project services firm with offices in the Pittsburgh area.
In the role of Electrical Designer, you are required to have proven competency with electrical and equipment design using theories, engineering principles, experience and technical knowledge. You are also required to have strong problem solving and design skills that follow all applicable regulations, industry and company standards.
Primary Job Functions:
- Design and draft electrical equipment plans, single line diagrams, schematics, cable tray routing, embedded conduit plans and templates, ground drawings, installation details, cable and conduit schedules, electrical room layouts
- Conductor and ground sizing based on NEC requirements.
- Cable tray and conduit fill calculations.
- Generation of new AutoCAD drawings for assigned projects.
- Assist in checking the work of other Designers/Drafters.
- Perform additional responsibilities as directed.
- Function as the Electrical Design Lead on assigned projects if viable.
- Eight (8) - ten (10) + years of Electrical and I&C Design experience in the steel, metals or chemical industries.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the National Electric Code (NEC).
- Proficient in AutoCAD (2D and 3D) and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access)
- Experienced in the design of industrial electrical systems (steel, chemical plants, etc.)
- General understanding of electrical and instrumentation equipment field installation and electrical infrastructure constructability.
- Experience sizing cables, conduit, and cable tray.
- Experience performing basic ampacity and voltage drop calculations.
- Strong understanding of the other disciplines such as foundations, structures, piping, etc.
- Able to operate well in a multi-discipline team environment.
- Good Oral and written communication skills.
- Keen safety awareness in large industrial facilities.
- Desire to develop skills in interaction with clients and vendors.
- Able to supervise staff and mentor less experience department staff.
- Willing communicator and able to ask questions when necessary.
- Enjoys working alone when required but can work effectively on a project team.
- Able to complete work consistently with flexibility to accommodate varying project demands.
- Must maintain a high level of precision and accuracy and be methodical in approach to work.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.