Operations/EHS Manager Weirton, WV Posted: 8/14/2023
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking an Operations/EHS Manager on behalf of our client, an Oil and Gas company with offices in West Virginia. This position provides leadership, surveillance, direction, and support to ensure the compliance and continuous improvement in all phases of the Environmental, Health, Safety, Security, Process Safety Management Systems and Quality Management Systems for the refinery. The Operations/EHS Manager will also provide guidance and support to promote continuous improvement.
- Exemplify high levels of moral and ethical standards and values.
- Provide leadership, guidance, mentorship, and development to department employees.
- Provide guidance for the facility from a values-based foundation to establish the preconditions through which the refinery operates.
- Develop and implement department budget.
- Responsible for the overall direction and guidance of Process Safety Management.
- Promote the advancement of process safety beyond compliance to regulatory standards.
- Serve as the Process Safety Element Champion for Incident Investigations and Training.
- Assist in developing and analyzing process safety metrics to focus on continuous improvement.
- Track and report the status of action items and recommendations from audits, PHA's and incident investigations.
- Ensure that information regarding environmental, health, safety, security, and process safety is communicated.
- Assist all departments in focusing on continuous quality improvement.
- Ensure that the Quality Management System is implemented and maintained according to the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard.
- Identify, interpret, and enforce new and existing laws and regulations applicable to the environmental, employee safety, health, and security.
- Develop, implement, and maintain environmental, health, safety, security and process safety programs and procedures that are applicable to the refining industry.
- Serve as a liaison with regulatory agencies including WVDEP, OSHA, DOT and USCG. Participate in visits, audits, and inspections.
- Strives to develop good working relationships with all co-workers, customers, and associates.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in applicable field of study
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in the refining or chemical processing industry with desired experience in the fields of Environmental, Health, Safety & Security, Process Safety and/or Organizational Performance.
- Knowledge of OSHA and other safety related regulations and industry practices relating to the refining or construction industry.
- Knowledge of EPA, DOT, and Coast Guard regulations relating to the refining or construction industry.
- Knowledge of security requirements related to the refining industry.
- Knowledge of OSHA's PSM standard and EPA's RMP standard.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 requirements for Quality Management Systems.
- Knowledgeable in PSM risk assessment techniques (HAZOP, LOPA) management systems and the leading industry PSM initiatives and best practices.
- Knowledge of OSHA's industry accepted safe work practices.
- Knowledge of refinery process equipment and API refinery recommended work practices.
- Excellent leadership, organizational and communication skills (both oral and written).
- High level of proficiency with computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, database programs
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.