DESIGNERS / DRAFTERS
Sr. Electrical Designer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 8/15/2023
DESIGNERS / DRAFTERS
Permanent or Contract
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Electrical Designer for our client, a quality engineering and construction management services provider. This is a full-time opening in their Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania office to lead a design team in the development of installation construction packages for facility power distribution systems, grounding, lighting, and controls in industrial facilities.
Electrical Designer Responsibilities:
- Interface with Clients, Owners, and Vendors
- Develop execution plans of project deliverables.
- Participate in studies preparing cost estimates for electrical systems.
- Assist in specifying electrical system components for low voltage and medium voltage systems.
- Collaborate with electrical and process engineers, clients, owners, and vendors.
- Lead the engineering design, and drafting staff to generate installation details, motor elementaries, Panel Layouts and schematics, and plan drawings identifying locations of motors, electrical loads, electrical equipment placement, embedded/exposed conduit and/or cable tray layouts.
- Develop Electrical Equipment list including Motor Control Centers, Motors, Electrical Boxes and Cabinets, and Electrical Devices for use in the development of Conduit and Cable Schedules
- Review vendor cable specification requirements develop project cable specifications for use in the development of Conduit and Cable Schedules.
- Develop Conduit and Cable schedules based on project designs and/or Vendor supplied documents.
- Review and integrate Vendor equipment documentation into construction packages of work.
- Lead project checking teams to review the engineering drawings and document packages.
- Provide technical direction to design and drafting staff.
- Visit customer sites to gather field data for detailed design.
- Provide field support during construction, commissioning, and start-up.
- Thorough knowledge of NEC and electrical construction methods and materials.
- Ten (10) - fifteen (15) years' experience in design of electrical systems or electrical maintenance or engineering.
- Experience with electrical systems in the Steel and Aluminum industry is preferred. Experience in other light and heavy industry is also acceptable.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Proficiency in CAD software is required.
- Experience with 3D modeling of cable tray systems is a plus, but not required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and comfortable with working in a team environment.
- Ability to travel within the United States to customer sites.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.