Mechanical Engineer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 8/24/2023
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer for our client, a local manufacturing company, for their Pittsburgh area facility. This position is responsible for the mechanical design of mechanical and electromechanical machines and large manufacturing plant systems. This job may involve assistance with installation of the machines and plant systems in the customer's facility.
- Responsible for designing and engineering the automated machines and systems sold to customers for manufacturing customer parts from polyurethane. This includes making detailed shop drawings and procuring vendor quotes for key components and writing the material ordering instructions.
- Conduct shop and/or field tests to verify system meets project specifications
- Successfully complete project schedules, objectives, and requirements by reviewing project specifications, customer requirements, and project completion milestones
- Coordinate and schedule project tasks with Production, Project Managers and Electrical Engineers
- Contribute to project success by completing assigned tasks on time and completely
- Review and verify that projects are within budget and completed on schedule
- Conduct reviews at various stages of project completion to identify design details, components, procedures and methods that can be improved
- Some travel required. Periodic travel for training, out of the U.S., is required
- Understanding and ensuring compliance with the plant health and safety regulations.
- Accepting a level of responsibility & accountability proportionate to the experience level
- Proactively discusses details with project and sales managers to define desired/required functions of machines and equipment and the user interface requirements
- Reviews schematics with customer's representatives to answer questions
- Performs other tasks and duties as necessary
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline or three (3) to five (5) years related engineering experience and /or training.
- Experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, and electric motor driven systems is required.
- Working knowledge of fluid flows, heat transfer, mechanics, strength of materials, and electro-mechanical system is required.
- Experience with SolidWorks 3D (preferred) or other 3D Computer Aided Design software, AutoCAD 2D software, Excel and Word is required.
- The ability to work independently as well as on a project team.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.