ECM Technician Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 8/27/2021
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking ECM Technicians on behalf of our client, a Pittsburgh based chemical processing company. The role of the ECM Technician is to repair and maintain machinery, equipment, and the plant. Assignments and direction are provided by the ECM Tech II, ECM Tech III or Maintenance Supervisor(s) as appropriate.
ECM Tech I Responsibilities:
- Repair and maintain the building and surrounding grounds.
- Repair, maintain, and install machinery and mechanical equipment including steam boilers, oil heaters, blowers, pumps, compressors, gas heaters, air conditioning, reactors, etc. Perform routine preventative maintenance and inspections to ensure all equipment is operational. Replace parts as necessary.
- Maintain plant utilities including gas, water, and drainage systems. Layout, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems. Repair and replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment. Assist with maintenance of electrical apparatus, as necessary.
- Maintain installation records, maintenance histories, and related documents of the plant, equipment, utilities, and structures.
- Requisition parts and other supplies, as needed.
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with Company safety policies and procedures and local building and safety codes.
- Keep work area neat and tidy.
- Performance of related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for promoting and supporting the company's safety and quality initiatives in accordance with the duties and responsibilities of this position.
ECM Tech II Responsibilities:
- In addition to the Responsibilities of and ECM Tech I, the ECM Tech II:
- Maintains quality records
- Establishes vendor relationships for hardware, supplies, and services.
- Maintains inventory of necessary parts, tools, and supplies to conduct his duties.
- Provides technical oversight for ECM Tech I employees.
- Coordinates activities with Contractors and the Production Schedule.
ECM Tech III Responsibilities:
- In addition to all the duties of an ECM II, the ECM III Tech:
- Interacts directly with clients, vendors, contractors, engineering and safety professionals.
- Represents the ECM Group in meetings: strategic planning, audits, safety reviews.
- Takes incoming work requests and assigns other technicians to the task.
- Establishes strategic inventory of spare parts and consumable materials used by his department.
- Contributes to design of new processes and facilities.
- Maintain an intimate knowledge of plant structures, utilities, process equipment, HVAC locations, and parts inventory locations.
- Ability to design, specify and, with manager approval, acquire materials for, assemble, test, and put into operation:
- Building structures, process piping systems, utility systems, ventilation systems, pressure relief systems.
- Produce and maintain drawings and parts lists for such systems.
- Process control and instrumentation systems, utility control systems, alarms, motor controls, heating and cooling control systems.
- Produce and maintain electrical wiring and control drawings and parts lists for such systems.
- Trade school certification is preferred
- Incumbent must have excellent mathematical and reading skills.
- Must be able to work independently from engineering drawings and vendor tech manuals, and to communicate to them his own design specifications.
- Mechanically inclined with knowledge/experience in the following:
- Plumbing (pipe fitting)
- Fastening techniques
- Familiar with the proper use and care of the tools related to these skills.
- Basic computer skills.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.