Assistant Materials Manager Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 10/29/2021
Permanent or Contract
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking an Assistant Materials Manager on behalf of our client, a Pittsburgh based manufacturer. The Assistant Materials Manager will interface with manufacturing, procurement, engineering and sales to develop and implement optimized production schedules. These plans must meet changing customer requirements and yet provide enough response time to manufacturing department and suppliers. A successful Assistant Materials Manager is a strong leader, a good problem-solver, team player and self-motivated contributor. Effectively prioritizes and completes production scheduling activities, enter production orders, scheduling, capacity planning, inventory control and is critical to on-time delivery performance.
- Coordination of customer expedites, coordination of engineering change notices and preparation of various manufacturing and daily production scheduling.
- Interacts regarding schedule changes, shortages, or other topics to develop and maintain a good working relationship.
- Proposes schedule changes to management.
- Creates and tracks orders to achieve required on time delivery goals.
- Assists to reconcile inventory errors & shortages.
- Identifies potential material shortages and coordinates with proper departments.
- Combines strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution.
In addition, duties include:
- Firm up purchased items and create manufacturing work orders to meet customer's ship dates and meet our client's inventory parameters.
- Maintain safety stocks and EOQ's in MRP/MPS.
- Create and file assembly sales orders and manufacturing production packets.
- Participate in the Material Review Board for reworking or replacing incorrect parts.
- Participate in the annual scrap program.
- Handle all sales change orders.
- If required, outsource production capacity.
- Bachelor's Degree in technical discipline or equivalent education and experience.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in production planning and control required.
- In-depth knowledge of MRP/MPS and a strong background in business system and logistics required.
- Experience in materials related capacity is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Effective trouble shooting, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Strong understanding and utilization of the ERP and Material/Production Scheduler System.
- Able to generate reports and organizes data, and may create spreadsheets and update as needed.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.