Assistant Controller Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 5/3/2022
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking an Assistant Controller on behalf of our client, a Pittsburgh based provider of IT services. The Assistant Controller will work in an environment that combines both simple and complex tasks with professional challenges.
Job description and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all facets of client invoicing from ConnectWise Manage; review/approve engineer time sheets; manage agreement processing; monitor sales order processing.
- Monitor accounts receivable and collections emails; process cash applications.
- Responsible for monthly closings; prepare account reconciliations; prepare/review financial statements.
- Process all aspects of accounts payable.
- Process all aspects of payroll, commission calculations, fixed assets accounting.
- Process sales tax filings.
- Manage professional services automation software including upgrades, training, and documentation.
- Involvement in managing some aspects of 401(k) program.
- Assist in management of lines of credit and banking relationships.
- Participate in budgeting/forecasting and cash management.
- Participate in negotiating insurance including health care, business property, worker's compensation, professional liability, and cyber insurance.
- Work closely with Purchasing Agent; assist in placing/tracking orders as needed; assist with product intake and tracking.
- Assist in several aspects of office management.
- High degree proficiency with Microsoft Office applications particularly Excel
- QuickBooks proficiency
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance (C.P.A. certificate a plus, but not required)
- Two (2) - three (3) years of related accounting experience
- Ability to identify and implement improvements that streamline processes
Knowledge/experience that's a plus for this position:
- Solomon/MS Dynamics accounting software
- ConnectWise Manage professional services automation software
- QuoteWerks quoting software
- Experience managing direct reports
- Knowledge and interest in technology is needed as this is a tech driven company
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.