Field Service Technician Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 5/3/2022
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Field Service Technician on behalf of our client, a manufacturer with offices in the Pittsburgh area. The Field Service Technician will provide mechanical and electrical support at the customer location for troubleshooting and repairs complex and sophisticated products, commissioning equipment and coordinating vendor and customer schedules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set-up, adjust and operate complex test equipment to determine nature of problem.
- Required for assistance in the start-up of completed products at customer location.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of amount of time spent on traveling and on-site work.
- Required to perform mechanical repairs of equipment in conjunction with electrical repairs.
- Perform a wide variety of highly technical duties to troubleshoot and repair complex and mechanical products.
- Installs machinery.
- Involves extensive travel - 80% to 90%. Could involve weekends, holidays and overseas travel.
- Good reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills, and be able to handle a high degree or pressure.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to plan, organize and set priorities in order to meet deadlines.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma required
- Minimum of five (5) - ten (10) years of related industry experience.
- Associate Degree in Mechanics or Electronics is preferred.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.