Senior Instrumentation & Controls Engineer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 5/4/2022
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Instrumentation & Controls Engineer for our client, a well-known national engineering consultant.
As a Senior Engineer, you will be a part of a project team from inception to completion. The Senior Engineer position will collect and prepare data/information and perform detailed engineering calculations. The Senior Engineer will also interact with design staff, senior department personnel, project management, contractors, and our valued clients. The Senior Engineer demonstrates technical/professional growth annually by maintaining active membership in professional organizations and participating in technical seminars/courses.
- Work on multiple projects of moderate size or portions of major projects.
- Design complete I&C solutions based on project scope definition.
- Prepare project documentation including but not limited to bills of material, calculations, data sheets, detailed drawings, specifications, technical reports, and test plans.
- Coordinate tasks with engineers, designers, and administrative staff.
- Perform technical evaluation of bids and recommend best value design which meets client requirements for operability, reliability, maintainability, and safety.
- Participate in safety reviews (i.e., HAZID, HAZOP).
- Lead field work by evaluating installations and performing problem-solving activities.
- Perform calculation checks and vendor drawing reviews.
- Serve as Project Lead for single-discipline projects by estimating work hours, developing scope of work, making staffing recommendations, and checking drawings.
- Interact with other disciplines and suppliers to obtain pertinent information.
- Manage the scope of the project work, address scope and work changes, adjust the project deliverables as necessary, and complete the project work based on the budget and scheduled time frame.
- Present project information to both internal and external client audiences.
- Work within the given budget and schedule parameters, as well as develop engineering internal time estimates for engineering and design.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline required.
- Ten (10) + years of experience performing engineering analysis and design functions with ten (10) + years of experience leading engineering projects in a variety of industries including greenfield and brownfield projects.
- Professional Engineer License preferred.
- Understanding of NEC/ISA standards.
- Strong skill set in understanding PFDs, P&IDs, and Cause & Effect Matrices.
- Experience with selecting and configuring DCS/PLC platforms including HMI and reporting software packages.
- Strong background in control system architecture and interface solutions including configuration of switches, servers, and operator workstations.
- Experience specifying field instrumentation and process analyzers for applications including basic process control, safety instrumented systems and fire and gas detection; includes development of installation details and loop drawings.
- Experience with estimating engineering project costs.
- Ability to function as a project engineer when necessary.
- Working knowledge of Smart Plant Instrumentation would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of Databases and AutoCAD.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and attention to detail abilities.
- Ability to multitask and organize for project efficiency.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.