Civil Engineer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 6/13/2022
Permanent or Contract
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Civil Engineer for our client, a well-known international consulting engineering firm. The Civil Engineer will possess and apply technical knowledge of civil/ environmental engineering to the completion of challenging assignments. This position reports through our client's Pittsburgh, PA office and is fully remote.
This position will perform civil and environmental projects in accordance with appropriate state and federal regulations. Projects and tasks to include design of channels, stormwater pipes, grading plans, streambank stabilization, natural stream design, and coordination with other engineers. The position is primarily in the office with occasional travel within the PA-OH-WV-MD area.
- Plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate phases of technical work as part of a major project or in a total project of complex scope. Must be able to function with little direction to meet project goals.
- Perform project tasks in the public and private sector, including but not limited to site grading design and stormwater management design.
- Preparation of engineering designs including using hydrologic and hydraulic programs such as TR-55 and HEC-RAS.
- Preparation of state and federal permits for the mining industries and/or reclamation/restoration projects.
- Provide technical direction and guidance to CADD/GIS operators, designers, technicians and field personnel.
- Interface with Client Project Managers, government regulators, contractors and other representatives.
- Minimal overnight travel to locations within the continental United States is required.
- Bachelors (B.S.) or Master's Degree (M.S.) in Civil or Environmental Engineering or a related area.
- Engineer-in-Training Certificate or P.E. License is desired.
- Minimum of four (4) years of related experience is required.
- Experience with design of AML reclamation sites, mining reclamation sites or other similar site restoration/reclamation projects.
- Experience with reclamation specifications and construction plan development.
- Experience with erosion and sediment control and stormwater design.
- Experience with geotechnical investigation and analysis, including soil and other materials testing.
- Knowledge of AML Laws and familiarity with regulatory and permitting agencies having authority over environmental impacts.
- Experience working for state and/or other governmental agencies.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical documents and procedures, and government regulations.
- Ability to write detailed reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information, communicate, and respond to questions from groups of coworkers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must be computer literate and competent in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. Capability in other Microsoft Office suite products is desired.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.