Senior Project Manager - Oil & Gas Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 9/12/2022
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager - Oil & Gas for our client, a leading professional engineering, architecture and project solutions company.
As a Senior Project Manager (SPM), you will serve as a portfolio manager and be the primary point of contact for the client and other outside consultants of the project(s). The SPM is fully responsible for the overall development and execution of a portfolio of projects (typically $1MM+ project fee), including project profitability, quality, safety, client satisfaction, controlling available resources, project scope, schedule, budget, and contractual requirements. The SPM possesses broad knowledge, understanding and experience with the standard engineering and construction models including A/E, EPCM, or Design Build. As an SPM, you will also provide leadership and organization to the project to instill confidence in the client regarding the project team's abilities. An SPM also maintains specific knowledge of planning and scheduling functions and a thorough understanding of contract administration, liability, and safety situations.
- Support business and relationship development activities.
- Ensuring that contracted work scope for the project is complete.
- Assist in preparation of project execution strategy and review progress as drawings and specifications are developed and prior to issue for permit and construction.
- Manage project financials, pricing, and cash flow.
- Monitor changes in scope/schedule and secure Change Authorizations, as required.
- Develop, review, and approve all project management documents including scope development, project costs and schedules, and internal/external communications.
- Develop proposals, project specification/scopes and negotiate final contracts.
- Monitor project costs and quality to ensure the profitability and technical performance of the project and develop innovative actions to correct variances to scope, budget and/or schedule.
- Exercise cost efficient and innovative approaches in the design to save construction costs and improve productivity.
- Anticipate, recognize, and identify key project issues/problems and establish objectives and priorities in solving them; determine solutions and direct their implementation.
- Collaborate with internal groups on safety and contract/liability topics.
- Prepare periodic reports for the client to track cost, schedule, and quality performance.
- Issue regular invoices for contracted work and services payment and follow up on past due invoices.
- Mentor and train less experienced staff
Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in an Engineering discipline.
- Ten (10) + years of project management experience in a consulting organization.
- Five (5) + years of managing a portfolio of projects >$1mm annual service revenue.
- Business development experience preferred.
- PE/PMP certification preferred.
- Experience managing complex Oil & Gas projects in a consulting environment. Understanding of Midstream processing facilities, Gathering and Compression systems, Oil Terminals, Metering, Loading / Unloading systems a plus.
- Experience with and general knowledge of safety and contract risk/ liability situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with both clients and all internal levels around professionalism, trust, integrity, and collaboration.
- Ability to multi-task and be highly organized for effective project planning and completion.
- Knowledge of MS Project, Primavera, or similar project scheduling and management software
- Excellent attention to detail; strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.