Process Engineer - Industrial Furnaces Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 9/13/2022
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Process Engineer on behalf of our client, a manufacturer with facilities in the Pittsburgh area. The Process Engineer will perform heat transfer and combustion design to support engineering and sales for both steel and aluminum industrial furnaces.
- Overall project technical responsibility and coordination.
- Process calculations and piping systems design for pneumatic, hydraulic, service/cooling water, and combustion/ combustion safety systems.
- Performs design calculations and prepare equipment or material specifications
- Technical purchasing specification and requisition writing
- Fabrication inspections
- Attend customer technical meetings
- Develop and maintain project work schedules
- Project cold and hot commissioning
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Must have initiative. Will work independently and collectively. Must possess a strong desire to learn and build technical knowledge.
- Approximate travel 15%
Education & Experience:
- BS Degree in Engineering (preferably mechanical or combustion).
- EIT or PE certification a plus.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to become hands on involved when needed.
- Strong communication, organizing, planning, and inter-personal skills.
- Willing and able to travel for commissioning both domestically and internationally.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in a process engineering or related role.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.